I’m happy to report that after last night’s abandonment of Project Injection, a full 150mls was successfully and subcutaneously applied to The Old Bean today. There was some protesting and a few attempts at running away (the needle even popped out once), and I had to pump the line a few times, but at least we didn’t have to go to the vet. We’re all tired of the vet!
Three of us squeezed into my tiny bathroom — Philip sitting on a chair with Beano on his lap, me sitting on the edge of the bathtub and working the IV line. Holding the scruff of Beano’s neck with one hand and the needle in the other, Philip finally got the needle in and I tried to get the drip going as fast as possible.
Man, this is going to take some practise… hopefully Saturday will be easier.